Drummond & Associates Corporate Services team provides legal services to companies in all industries on a "Virtual General Counsel" model. From technology and Internet start-ups to established real estate groups, retailers, agricultural and hospitality industry companies, we offer California businesses a unique opportunity to access our many years of experience as in-house corporate counsel and in private practice - but without the costs of a larger firm.
We realize that for most companies, getting personalized, consistent and responsive attention from senior-level attorneys who are familiar with the business is often practically impossible as well as cost-prohibitive. Businesses that need the benefit of an experienced business attorney but can neither justify hiring a full-time in-house lawyer nor bear the fees of a large Silicon Valley or Southern California law firm are often left struggling to address their legal concerns. Whether we are their sole legal services provider or an addition to their existing legal team, our Corporate Services group offers clients a smart solution: the kind of highly attentive, highly responsive legal service they might expect from a General Counsel - without the usual price tag.
Our corporate advisory and business transactional services are informed by years of in-house experience, giving us particular insight into client's specific needs as we work directly with their management teams. Just as any effective in-house attorney should, we assist our clients in managing legal issues within the context of their overall business structure, strategies, and operational goals. We see ourselves as a facilitator of the client's business, protecting the client's interests while actively collaborating with their team to accomplish commercial objectives. This team-based, "big picture" approach to corporate legal services foments the kind of long-term, trust- and confidence-based relationship that companies desire from a General Counsel.
Like any in-house attorney must be, we are accustomed to producing high quality work within tight deadlines and budgetary restrictions. Whether we are consulted as your sole attorney in a generalist role, or as a specialist within your current legal team, we work to accommodate your budgetary concerns through flexible billing arrangements customized to your particular business needs. Combined with Drummond & Associates' long tradition of business litigation services, we provide the most complete and best-value legal services available to meet all of your business' potential legal needs.
Some examples of Drummond & Associates Corporate Services include:
General Corporate Counsel
- "Virtual General Counsel" - managing day-to-day legal affairs & "quarterbacking" external legal specialists
- Corporate governance
- Employment agreements (management and employee) and consulting agreements
- Employee handbooks, compensation, and benefits
- Commercial contracts drafting, negotiation, review & management
- Sales and marketing team training
- Marketing communications review
- Pre-litigation commercial disputes
- Litigation & alternative dispute resolution services (in conjunction with Litigation team)
Company Formation, Pre-Public Financing & Reorganizations
- Company formation - corporations, LLC's, LLP's, non-profits
- Angel financing, venture capital, and private equity and debt offerings
- Mergers, acquisitions and spin-offs
- Debt/credit agreement negotiation and review
Various Business Transactions
- Technology development and joint development agreements
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Distribution agreements including sales, OEM, VAR and affiliate agreements
- Software license agreements, including support and professional services
- Content license agreements, on-line music distribution license agreements
- Intellectual property counseling (trade secrets, copyright, trademarks, patents)
- Office, retail and industrial leases
- Real property acquisitions